Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Father's Day Dad :)




I don't know about you, but when it comes to gifts, I hate giving generic ones! The personal, more meaningful gifts more so do it for me, so when it came to father's day this year I couldn't bare to buy more golf balls, ties or T shirts! When I was growing up my Dad always wanted a Harley, but my mom was NOT having it! Not with three little kids running around who needed their Daddy! So needless to say, for Father's Day I bought my Dad a Harley!! Juuuust kidding! When my brother's and I were officially out of the house, on our own and my parents didn't have to follow us around to basketball games anymore, my not-so-dare devil of a mother, finally agreed that my Dad could have his bike! A few Years ago he bought the 2008 Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Edition Bike, Copper and Black (I am proud to say that I know that well now because I have had to ask my Dad about 18x what kind of bike he has because I could never remember for the life of me what we had when anyone would ask!!).

My parents "empty nest syndrome" now consists of cross country trips on this bike with an amazing group of successful, fun, warm hearted couples who I am so glad that my parents have in their life! I can't ever keep up with where they are anymore, and just to make it clear, yes my mom does go on these trips on the back of the bike with my Dad and looooves every second it..well that is when she isn't falling asleep on the back of it (we have a little bit of "narcolepsy" that runs in the family). Between the main fact that my mom even gets on the bike and the midnight texts I get from her talking about the tequila shots "her and the girls" just took (my mom was also never a big drinker), it's pretty obvious that to say the least, they are living it up and I couldn't be happier for them! So in honor of this new era of their life, and my Dad's love for getting on that bike, and hitting the road to the sound of The Beatles or "It's a Beautiful Day" by U2, I figured I'd mix my love and talent together for a surprise Father's Day Gift. I could not be more excited about these pictures! I blew them up and printed them in class and could not wait to give them to him. He absolutely loved them and I am so glad, he is amazing and one of the most loving men I know and I couldn't be luckier to have him as my Dad. Thank you for being you Dad and always supporting me, I love you!













No comments:

Post a Comment